Thursday, October 11, 2018

Money Crashers: 4 Fears That Cost You Money

I got the idea for my latest Money Crashers article after reading some article or other about investing. I forget just where it was, but it pointed out that trying to keep your money "safe" actually has risks of its own: if you've stashed all your money in a bank account earning 1 percent interest while inflation is at 2 percent, it will steadily lose value. This got me thinking about how the fear of losing money, in this case, actually costs you money, and I wondered if I could spin that idea out into a whole article.

After mulling it over, I decided this wasn't enough material for an article all by itself. However, it occurred to me that there were probably other kinds of fears that could be equally costly, and after some pondering and poking around the Internet, I came up with three others to cover: fear of missing out (FOMO), fear of social isolation, and fear of failure.

The new article covers how these four fears can bypass your reason and lead you into foolish, costly decisions—and what you can do to overcome them. Read it here: 4 Fears That Cost You Money and How to Overcome Them

No comments: