Saturday, March 13, 2021

Money Crashers: 7 Best Places to Buy Lingerie (Bras & Underwear) Online

It's been years since I last underwent the mysterious feminine ritual known as Bra Shopping. You ladies know the one: you go into a store, scour the racks looking for a bra in your size, pull out every one that looks acceptable, take them all into a tiny fitting room, and struggle in and out of one after the other, all the while whispering prayers to the Cleavage Gods that maybe, just maybe, one will fit not too uncomfortably and still provide decent support. And if you're fortunate enough to find that one, you pay whatever ridiculous price they're asking for it, because you might never get so lucky again.

All that ended for me the day I discovered my favorite bra was available online. Now, instead of hunting through every store looking for it, I just pop over to either One Hanes Place (usually cheaper, but sometimes runs out of stock) or Bare Necessities, type in "Bali Comfort Revolution Wirefree Bra," select the size I already know fits me, and pop it in the cart. Takes less than ten minutes, start to finish, and a week later, I have a new, comfortable bra that I know will fit perfectly.

Now, of course, this is easier for me because I've already found my favorite bosom buddy, so I don't have to search for the right bra before ordering. But even if you're not in this fortunate position, you can still shop for bras online. It may seem crazy to order something requiring such careful fitting online, when you can't try it on — but thanks to the detailed fit questionnaires and algorithms these websites use, it's actually much easier to find the right fit online than it is by trial and error in a store. That goes double for anyone who falls outside the size range that U.S. manufacturers have more or less arbitrarily decided to be standard, since bras anywhere outside this range are practically impossible to find in a store.

In my latest Money Crashers article, I explore the top seven sites that are revolutionizing the bra-shopping game. For each site, I outline the shopping process, available sizes and styles, and any special perks the store has to offer. And at the end, I offer some general tips on finding the right fit.

7 Best Places to Buy Lingerie (Bras & Underwear) Online


No comments: