Friday, June 17, 2022

Money Crashers: 11 Ways to Save Money on Lawn Care Costs and Expenses

As regular readers of this blog will know, if there's one thing in my yard I don't care about, it's the lawn. In fact, I've been trying for years to find a suitable ground cover to replace the entire thing, at least in the front yard. Mowing is a hassle in the back yard, where the ground slopes steeply, but even more so in the front, since the mower has to be hauled up two sets of stairs to get there.

However, I know that most Americans don't share my viewpoint. To the average suburban homeowner, no landscape is complete without a lush, green lawn. And they're willing to spend tons of money and time (more than 70 hours per year, according to the latest American Time Use Survey) to achieve it, not to mention tons of water, gasoline, and pesticides.

In my latest article, I propose ways to have a beautiful lawn without all that work and expense. With the right grass and the right strategies for watering, mowing, and feeding it, a lush green lawn doesn't have to cost the earth.

 11 Ways to Save Money on Lawn Care Costs and Expenses

No comments: