Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Money Crashers: Living With Your Adult Children – How to Make It Work

Last month, Money Crashers published a piece of mine on the perils of moving back in with your parents as an adult. This month, they've published a companion piece that they asked me to split off from the original, which addresses the same situation from the parents' point of view. (This led me to the alarming realization that my target audience for this article is probably about my age, as people in their late forties who married and had children fairly early are now in a position to have college graduates moving back in with them. How can I possibly be the peer of the parents with adult children when I barely feel like an adult myself?)

Anyway, if you've already read the first piece, you have an idea what to expect from the second. But if you're (gulp) my age, you may find the second one a bit more relevant to your viewpoint. It offers advice for parents who are now, or may soon be, taking a college graduate back into their home on how to ensure that they aren't stuck in the parenting role for life — and that they and their adult child can live together as adults in the meantime.

Living With Your Adult Children Moving Back Home – How to Make It Work

No comments: