Thursday, September 3, 2020

Money Crashers: How to Live Like the Invisible Rich

Five years ago, I came across an article about "the invisible rich": the millionaires who don't look like most people's idea of a millionaire, the ones who have accumulated their millions largely by not living the way people expect millionaires to live. I compared my lifestyle against the nine secrets of the invisible rich covered in the article, as outlined in Stanley and Danko's The Millionaire Next Door, and was pleased to find that my lifestyle scored eight out of nine on the millionaire-next-door (MND) scale.

Well, a few years later, I reread that post, and it occurred to me that there was probably enough material here for a Money Crashers article. It took a couple of years for it to make it to publication, but fortunately, the advice about how to live like the invisible rich is pretty much timeless. So here, none the worse for wear, is the article — complete with info about MNDs' work, their home life, what they do and don't spend money on, and how copying their lifestyle could potentially make you a Millionaire Next Door to your neighbors one day.

No comments: