Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Money Crashers: What Is a Will and Why Do I Need One?

Here's another new Money Crashers article on a topic that many people are suddenly finding reason to think about: making a will. While the reason for this is unfortunate, it's actually a good thing that people are looking into this, because dying intestate can be a huge hassle for your heirs. In this piece, I explain what a will can do (such as distributing your assets, giving away items with sentimental value, and assigning guardians for kids and pets) and outline the reasons why the excuses you may have come up with for not making one (such as "I don't have any stuff," "I'm not going to die for a long time," or "I know everything will go to my spouse anyway") don't necessarily hold water.

What Is a Will and Why Do I Need One?

No comments: