Monday, January 31, 2022

Perch Energy articles

I recently wrote two articles for a new client: Perch Energy, a company that helps you choose a new power provider based on price and renewable energy content. (The service isn't available yet in NJ, which is a pity, since I sure could have used it when looking for a replacement for Green Mountain.) These pieces on their blog don't carry my byline, so I'm not adding them to my official work portfolio, but I figured it would be okay to share them privately with my small band of ecofrugal fans.

The first one, Complete Guide to Saving Energy At Home, is just what it sounds like: a primer on energy savings. It covers the benefits of conservation and the easiest ways to save, such as turning down the thermostat, eliminating phantom power, replacing old light bulbs...basically, all the stuff you probably know already, but conveniently gathered in one place. And the second, Water Saving Tips At Home, does much the same thing for water use.

Not sure how long-term this writing gig will be yet, but for now, it's nice to have a chance to write about something that's more consistently in tune with my ecofrugal interests than the work I've been doing for Money Crashers.

No comments: